Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beautiful God (a God of Mercy)

[When we see a a something or someone who captures our attention - be it due to a visual appearance or a charisma that exudes from within, we often would stop in our tracks and say, 'beautiful', 'excellent', 'awesome', or ...just be wowed, loss for words!

When GOD catches our attention, it can very often blow us away or "break us into pieces" or we'll just stay unscrappable from the floor / wall / ceiling, if not for His mercy - an infinite God revealing Himself to finite man. Ooosh!! More than loss for words!!! Yet I long to go deeper into the cloud of glory... and just like the encounter Moses had at the burning bush, he drew near to hear, he drew near to see. Is that really You Lord? Calling my name?

Recently I got very upset... very very upset... with myself... after a teaching on the tender mercies of God... I was just so upset that I do not know and cannot grasp the tender mercies of God. Cognitively I know it as I hear about it, read about it... but I know I don't know it... and I was soooo upset... because I do not know the God that (I say) I love.. you know what I mean? Imagine you have a close friend and you don't even know his/her innermost heart and thoughts, and for so long. So I'm very upset and just kept crying and crying... crying because I don't know, crying because I feel sorry, crying because I want to know Him more...

Someone said that's the paradox of the gospel - the more you know God, the more you don't know Him... Now that is encouraging... Just like what Paul says in 1Tim 1:15.... erm, uncle Paul, may I quote you... erm... it's in the bible... so it's not a personal thingy on you... erm.. erm... Paul says in v15, "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." There must be a reason why Paul would openly and gladly boast about being chief of erm... sinners O_o v16 brought some light - "However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life."

Now I know why I like uncle Paul. And I even like God more... He chooses the worst of worst to show his patience and kindness to those who will believe Him - this is really something! Woot! My confidence level to run to God when I fall just got re-charged! And yes, may I say like Paul, let Your goodness shine through a vessel like me, that man may see You and You alone! Yes God, me, me, You can use me! Just so that I may encounter Your tender mercies... please...

So I dried my tears, and continue to muse on the God of mercy... mmm....mmm... mmm....]



BEAUTIFUL GOD [29 September 2011]

There is One who sits on the Throne
His tender mercies are over all
There is One, He is in control
All the heavens and earth worship Him


Pre-chorus:
And by His mercy, we draw near
And by His mercy, we come close


Chorus:
Beautiful God
Reigning on high
We worship You, in spirit and truth

Beautiful God
You've captured our hearts
We are Yours and Yours, alone

(Take us as Your inheritance...)


Bridge
There is none as worthy
None as beautiful
There is none as holy
None as excellent
(There is none like You...)

No comments:

 
Site Meter