Friday, September 02, 2011

A God Who Hides

[If you look closely at people who are after God's heart, you will find that they are a bit... er... slanted, inclined, leaned over... You see, most of the time, in fact at all times, they are found inquiring the Lord, inclining their ears to hear Him and leaning on God even in their weakness.

Yes, leaning... and who told you that man after God's own heart have no worries and problems in life? Look at David, most of his life, he was being chased by his enemies... yet he carried his heart before the Lord with distinction, leaning on Him.

As Proverbs 25:2 aptly puts it:
"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter."

God hides from us. Why? So that we will search Him out. And you know what... He longs to hear our voice and be gracious to us! Isa. 30:18-19

"Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
... He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry;
When He hears it, He will answer you."

So take heart, call out to Him and call out to Him in faith. For without faith, it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6)


A GOD WHO HIDES

It's Your glory to hide Yourself
That I may search You out
And You wait to hear my voice
And You wait to hear my cry

So I cry out to You in faith
And I call out Your name

Show me Your face
Show me Your mysteries
Show me Your face
For You satisfy, You satisfy

You are a God who hides
So I'll search You out
You are a God who hides
It's my glory to find You...

No comments:

 
Site Meter