Tuesday, January 18, 2011

If...

[In the secret, in the quiet, He sees, He knows... oh how our hearts are so prone to leaving the God we love... Yet no matter how many times we find ourselves at God's feet in sincere repentance, He receives us, for He knows the frailty of men. Yet He has given all things, all power, all authority to those who hope in Him, that we may be like Him, reign with Him and be with Him now and through all eternity... This is our hope... This is our God... more than words can express, this is a psalm from my heart, this is my offering...]


If my heart is a muscle
I want to engage it
With the Spirit of God

To train it, to hone it
To love what God loves
To hate what God hates

That it may beat after God's heartbeat
That it may endure the afflictions life may bring
That it may burn for You continuously through all seasons

Selah

If You are my God
I want to know
What's on Your heart, what's on Your mind

To be close
To be near
To lean and be just at Your side

That I may love You more and more
That I may run with You
That wherever You are, there I'll be...

Selah

If I am Yours
I want to agree
I want to say yes

To Your ways
To Your plans
To Your destiny for me

That I may shine for You
That all may see
That all may know... You are my God

Selah

If we are to be together in eternity
I'll wait in expectation
Yearning and hastening... the day of our wedding day to come...

To Him my eyes will gaze upon
To Him my heart will sing
To Him alone I will offer up my life

That when He returns, He'll find me faithful
That when He comes back, He'll lift me up
That we'll be together through all eternity...


No comments:

 
Site Meter