Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I AM

[Sometime last year, I gave myself a goal to read the book of Revelation once through every three or four months... to be more familiarized with what is written in it and take heed to what God says in Rev. 1:3. Yet I find myself revisiting the book 'before time's up' to read it again. I reckon I have much slack to cut and want to instead fill my mind with scenes in the book of Revelation and let the Spirit of God direct my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. I'm humbled to say that my current favorite book in the bible is the book of Revelation... So if you see me spacing out, it could be that my mind is stayed on some scenes that are depicted in the book... It's captivating! Best Director! Best picture! Totally fascinated! More than filling my mind with the word, I pray it will overflow within and out of me, resulting in understanding, clarity, boldness to testify of my Jesus and grace in taking heed to what is written in this book...]


Scene 1
Director: Holy Spirit
Cast: Yaweh God, Jesus, Holy Spirit
John, angel of God who showed John the things which must take place
Passage reading: Rev. 1:1-8
Meditation: Why did John speak of the One who sent Him before he went on to tell the seven churches what must shortly take place? This reveals God's heart... He wants us to know the One who is about to bring to pass the things that are about to take place...

(Narrator reads...)

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place.

And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.

Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."

(Narrator pauses and prays)

"Oh Lord, give to me the revelation of Jesus Christ, just as You gave John...clarity and understanding of Jesus Christ and what is on His heart... the things that will shortly take place... give me grace as I bear witness to Your word, as I testify of Jesus Christ, as I testify to all things that You would reveal to us! I say yes..."


(Narrator ponders...)

John was not in a hurry to tell the churches "the things that are shortly to take place" as we read in Rev.1:1 that he was commissioned to do. Instead, he first gave glory to the One who has sent him. In today's language, it's almost like hearing John saying excitedly, "You know who sent me? Oh I am so in awe that I must first tell of the One who told me all these things! You must know Him!" John spoke of the Father who is and was and is to come, the Spirit of God and Jesus Christ:

From GOD (the Father)...
WHO IS (He exists in the present, His name is Yahweh, as revealed in Exodus 3:14) AND WHO WAS (He has always existed throughout the past) AND WHO IS TO COME (He will always exist throughout the future...

and from the SEVEN SPIRITS
or, the sevenfold Holy Spirit, who is before (God’s) throne in Heaven...In Isaiah 11:2, Holy Spirit is described as “The Spirit of Yahweh, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the spirit of the fear (reverence and spiritual intimacy) of Yahweh.”

and from JESUS CHRIST (the Messiah)...
  • THE FAITHFUL WITNESS
  • THE FIRSTBORN OF THE DEAD - He is the first – and, so far, the only – human being to be raised from death to immortality; see 1 Corinthians 15:20
  • AND THE RULER OF THE KINGS OF THE EARTH

  • TO HIM (Jesus) WHO LOVES US (see 1 John 4:10)
  • AND WASHED US FROM OUR SINS (see Psalm 130:8 and Titus 3:5)
  • BY HIS (Jesus’ own) BLOOD (his death on the cross)
  • AND HE (Jesus) MADE US (Christians) TO BE A KINGDOM, PRIESTS TO (serve) HIS (Jesus’) GOD AND FATHER
  • TO HIM (Jesus) BE THE GLORY AND THE DOMINION (the authority to rule the world) FOREVER AND EVER
  • BEHOLD (This word means “Look!”), HE (Jesus) IS COMING (back to Earth) WITH THE CLOUDS
  • AND EVERY EYE WILL SEE (and recognize) HIM, INCLUDING THOSE WHO PIERCED HIM, ALL THE TRIBES OF THE EARTH WILL MOURN OVER HIM

Revelation 1:8
“I AM THE ALPHA (the first letter of the Greek alphabet) AND THE OMEGA (the last
letter of the Greek alphabet),” SAYS THE LORD (Yahweh) GOD, “WHO IS AND WHO WAS
AND WHO IS TO COME, THE ALMIGHTY (El Shaddai).”


WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

 
Site Meter