Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Among those whom God hears and answers

[There must be something about Noah, Daniel, Job, Moses, Aaron and Samuel... something that they did (and lived) right... that in God's fury, He would relent, that when they spoke, God answered them and showed them wonderful things from His heart...]


Ezk 14:12, 19
The word of the LORD came again to me, saying: "Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it. Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness," says the Lord GOD.

"Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast, even though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live," says the Lord GOD, "they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness."

Psalm 99:6
Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called upon His name;
They called upon the LORD, and He answered them.
He spoke to them in the cloudy pillar;
They kept His testimonies and the ordinances He gave them.
You answered them, O LORD our God...

No comments:

 
Site Meter