Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stunned... Silenced... Repented... Restored

[Job 38-40]

[The LORD Reveals His Omnipotence to Job through the storms of his life, and brother Job was silenced by the revelation of God's Omnipotence... He repented and confessed God's sovereignty and power...]

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:

2 “Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?

3 Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

4 “ Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.

5 Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?

6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,

.....

[Job 40]

1 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said:

2 “Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?
He who rebukes God, let him answer it.”

3 Then Job answered the LORD and said:

4 “ Behold, I am vile;
What shall I answer You?
I lay my hand over my mouth.

5 Once I have spoken,
but I will not answer;
Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further.”

------------------
[Job 42]

1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:

2 “I know that You can do everything,
And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.

3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.

4 Listen, please, and let me speak;
You said, ‘I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’

5 “I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,

But now my eye sees You.

6 Therefore I abhor myself,
And repent in dust and ashes.”

No comments:

 
Site Meter