Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Excuse me, did you say... it's a partnership?

The Lord invited us as a House to enter into a period of fasting and prayer for 14 days, pressing in for a few things. On the very first day, I thought very very seriously about giving up a particular assignment that was given me in the House. So much for a good start...hmmph.. I thought over it very seriously and almost picked up the phone and made that phone call... It was quite unlike me to do that - to give up. I would at least try and give my best... nose dive or nose bleed... do first then say... but this time, I really... I really... chickened out.. :-x ah... we all have such moments, don't we? arrgghh....

Then the word of the Lord came... to my rescue!!!

I heard God gently speaking to me in my inner heart, "Did you say it's a partnership? What's with this thought about giving up?" Then I tried to hide (God is reading my thoughts!!! Run!!!! but when is He not listening? What doesn't He know about me? :-} ) but arrgghh... erm, yes.. I guess You're right, Lord. It is a partnership, I erm, sing about it too, I ya, ok... and all I'm thinking is I can't do it on my own. But I'll do it with You... yes, I need to re-configure... it's going to be a partnership... thank you Lord... for coming to my rescue!!!

Probably deep within me, I really don't want to give up....I want to give it a shot... but I just don't know how to... I had no confidence... so outwardly, I find ways to get myself out of it and meanwhile work myself really hard and then try again, but God saw the inward movements of my heart. Oh, isn't He One of a kind? =D I mean, don't our hearts move to know that God sees our heart and works the best for us? And yes, meanwhile, this partner (that's me) will lean on Him and also work very hard - not in a way to earn / prove the ability for any assignment, but in a way that responds to knowledge of how He knows and sees me and still loves me and still wants me to partner with Him! Woosh!

In Songs 2:8-13, God revealed Himself as a sovereign and overcoming King, leaping over the mountains and skipping over the hills, thus beckoning the Shulamite woman (depicting a believer) to arise with Him. He is challenging her out of her comfort zone by showing her the revelation of who He is, so that she can trust Him and run with Him. He is leading her to leap over the mountains of fear and skip over the hills of afraid-to-make-mistakes... Oh, I will leap, I will skip... just to be near You, just to hear Your voice... for I know if I stay where I am, I'll be far from you, behind the wall... so draw me away...


TELL ME [3 October 2011]

Tell me what You're thinking of
Tell me what You're feeling, Lord
My heart, it pants, for the living God

Tell me what You're thinking of
Tell me what You're feeling, Lord
My heart, it yearns for You

I'll leap over mountains
I'll skip over hills
Just to be with You
Just to hear Your voice

I'll leap over mountains
I'll skip over the hills
Just to be by Your side
And run with You

So draw me away...


Songs 2:8-13
Revelation of the sovereign and overcoming God
8 The voice of my beloved!
Behold, he comes
Leaping upon the mountains,
Skipping upon the hills.
9 My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.

The believer sees God standing behind the wall, where she is actually the one standing behind the wall, in her comfort zone...
Behold, he stands behind our wall;
He is looking through the windows,
Gazing through the lattice.
10 My beloved spoke, and said to me:

Jesus challenges her out of her comfort zone...
“ Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away.
11 For lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
12 The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
Is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes
Give a good smell.
Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away!


No comments:

 
Site Meter