Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Until You come... how long?

One year...
I remember the day when my cell group leader challenged me to pray about taking up a leadership role in my church. We were sitting on a double-deck bus and she popped the question. I gave her the classic goldfish-eyed look. Who me? I cleared my throat and ensuring no disrespect in the tone of my voice, I replied,"Oh if you need help to organise events, I could help..." (I thought I stood out in her eyes because I was the one who would organise outings lah, makan lah etc). I paused, leaning to hear her response. Did she just said what she said?

Smiling and in all calmness, she repeated, "no, no, I'm talking about challenging you to rise up to be a leader." I squirmed in my seat and gulped. After some talking through and praying, I said a feeble yes. Afterall, there were two other interns who said yes and jumping into this with me. I'm not alone! >_< I went through formal internship classes and if I remember correctly, I was put to lead even before my internship classes were over, as the cell group was "too pregnant" with eager members =D

We multiplied from two groups into three groups. The cell leaders graduated from campus ministry and moved on. Three green green cell leaders said yes, rose up and led the newly formed groups. What a blast!


Two years... and then Five years...
So I led the cell group for two years... when it was time to graduate, they needed more manpower, or so I thought :p. I was challenged to be a cell supervisor. I still remember sitting at the sofa seats at YIH. My pastor talked to me about rising up to be a cell supervisor and shared his heart for the campus ministry. I listened intently and remembered asking him a crucial question on my heart...

I said, "But I do not have a calling, is that ok?" He asked me, "Do you have a heart for the people? for the young undergraduates?" I brightened up. I said yes and was quite relieved that this works too - that I don't have to have a 'calling' - I guess I was still growing as a believer and couldn't quite figure out this calling thingy. Sometimes calling is as simple as having a heart for where God wants you to be...

It was something to say yes to one or two years... it's quite something to say yes to five years of commitment to serve. I prayed and thought about it VERY seriously.


Until You come...
Well, my past encounters with the one year, two years and then five years sorta prepared me for what I am into now. Sorta...

The time frame now is not one year, not two or five years, but until Jesus comes... not leadership or internship - but becoming... becoming the Bride of Christ before Jesus my coming Bridegroom God, son of God before God the Father, engaging my heart in intimacy-based intercession as a House of Prayer... for I was made to relate with God and partner with Him... I can't get over this! I was made to relate with God and partner with Him... I can't get over this!! I was made to relate with God and partner with Him...

That's it. And I'm going for it! May I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus...

No comments:

 
Site Meter