Thursday, March 03, 2011

Thank You for giving to the Lord... I am a life... that is blessed!

A heartfelt tribute...to the people who came, who stayed, who stayed, who stayed... and made a difference! All of us need friends and family who stick by us, work through with us, and yes, endure with us in the ugliest moments of human imperfections, or should I say earthly untimeliness... whatever...

Blessed is he who has a friend, for he has struck toto!... i mean, for he has found gold... Here are some of my favourite friend-verses: Proverbs 27:6 - "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."; Proverbs 18:24 - "...But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."


// A certain prophet reminded us to honour you. Many were spurred to action... for love without deeds, what for? Some gave you a water bottle, others offered loving hugs. I stood at one corner of the room and kept the word close to my heart. God, I asked, and kept asking at various junctures all these years, “Show me how to honour her..again and again...”


It was not difficult to see that you are one who loves God dearly, for He opened my eyes to see what only He could see most clearly. And He said, “She is the one who loves Me, and she loves those I love, that includes you!” And so I know you love me... more than words can show, more than actions can tell. Today, and every time I lift up my heart to praise Him for you... I honour you, for you are the one who loves God. I honour and thank you, for loving God and me, and I am one who is blessed!


We have our ups and downs, sometimes not fully being understood. Yet before the clothes get dry in the sun (aka issues resolved), I could feel the love in your heart beaming through you...For you are one who loves God and loves the ones He loves. Thank you!


// You ever told me I meant a lot to you. I never really fully understood what you meant. I guessed I just accepted it and feel gleeful, for I believed your words. Really! Why should I doubt... You are not a chummy sort of friend, and I would even sometimes, as I shared with you candidly, find it hard to relate with you. One moment chatty, one moment sitting beside me and shutting your eyes to rest. At times it’s perplexing, but I just know that I’m going to miss all these traits about you that just make you who you are, if you ever stop being just who you are (I know you won’t change :)


In your household, there is a king, and you are the subject =D (internal joke). Both of you have an one-of-a-kind love story – one that we often relate to in that comic strip. I remembered both of you came up with a love project to bless some of us (see photo!). Your husband proudly told us, “My wife sewed those buttons, couldn’t be me!” He added smugly, “I did the words.” I cherished this gift, even after all these years, for our loving God is still completing the good work in me. He surely has a huge storehouse of buttons for a sheep like meeee! Thank you, and I do remember and am grateful for times you hanged around to talk and cry with...


// Usually one would have the least to say to the one whom you are closest to. So that explains why every paragraph gets shorter and shorter. If you are king David, perhaps I’ll would want to sign up to be one of those mighty men around you. Mighty men don’t need to talk too much. They just do it and think nothing of it. No big deal. Erm, so far, my hit list is full of duh-stunts and nothing near to mighty deeds... someday...someday...Thanks for staying true to God’s calling in your life, and not giving any partial treatment to us but honing us as God would for we are God’s.



To all of you, thanks for staying in the ‘heat of the pan’. You are like the pillars that did what you did because you stayed true to what God has called you, by His grace! I’m one who is blessed. Thank you!

No comments:

 
Site Meter