Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Are you listening?

"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!" This sentence appeared 7 times in the gospels and 8 times in the book of Revelation. The meaning of this sentence? That what God is saying in these passages of Scriptures is extremely important and urgent. If we operate our lives based on the quadrant of importance and urgency, what God is saying in these passages of Scriptures should fall into the most important and most urgent quadrant. It deserves nothing other than our immediate attention, constant pre-occupation until... and the prioritizing of our lives to give ear, take heed and respond. For wisdom is justified by her children (Matt. 11:19).


The Need To Hear...
Do we hear what the Spirit of God is saying to us now? As believers, we need to attune ourselves to what the Spirit of God is saying - both to us personally and also on a corporate level. Perhaps I have made an assumption here. The assumption that God is the most important Person in our lives. Is He? We got to get this settled in our hearts before move on. Cos if He is the most important Person in our lives, what He says not only carries weight, but deserves our full attention, to give ear... to press in for understanding... to lay hold...

Also, can we also don't hide behind the "I don't know enough, I am not spiritual enough to make sense of things, I'm not sure if what I hear is true, I'm not like this and this person who is closer to God and etc etc..." I am speaking this to myself first and foremost! Surely if I cannot hear or understand clearly, my confidence is this - if God wants me to know, He will make a way as I press in for understanding.

John 16:13 says, "...when He, he Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth...and He will tell you things to come.." The Holy Spirit is the Helper that God has sent to us to guide us into all truth. Many of us, including myself, hope to know everything instantaneously. However, we cannot bear the many things God wants to make known to us. Thus He sent the Holy Spirit to help us. Matt. 16:7 says "it is to our advantage" that Jesus went away. Jesus has completed what God the Father commissioned Him to do on earth. It is finished, at the cross. Jesus had to go to the Father so that God's plan for the Holy Spirit to take over from there will effect the next phase of His plan for us. Oh how great and marvelous are your works O Lord God Almighty! It is well with my soul...


Searching the Scriptures...
May God give you wisdom and spiritual understanding as you pore over His words in Matt. 11:15; 13:9, 43; Mark 4:9, 23; 7:17; Luke 8:8; 14:35; Rev. 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22 and Rev. 13:9. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!

No comments:

 
Site Meter