Tuesday, February 19, 2008

You are still with me

[Often times, we have the faulty impression that being spiritual or having an encounter with God will 'solve it all'. Having an encounter with God (so divine) and an encounter with the frailty of human flesh (so earthly), gave me a such an awakening - to my own perspective of being a christian. Is it my way (God-for-me: expecting God to help me to be better, make things better, bless something I'm doing etc), or is it all about His way (me-for-God)... It's a journey!]

YOU ARE STILL WITH ME

I thought I just met You
I thought You just touched me
But at the next breath,
I faced the giants in my life, and fell

Isn't that encounter with You
Supposed to make me strong(er)?
So that I can overcome?
So that I can be stand?

God for me?
Or me for God?
A journey of me decreasing...
A journey of God increasing...

Yet I am always with You
You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.


Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


I'll keep walking
I'll keep leaning
I'll keep gazing
I'll keep my heart ever before You

Seeking You in Your House
Worshipping You
Loving You
With all my heart, my mind, my soul and strength

Song of Songs 2:16
"My beloved is mine, and I am his."

[a statement of a believer saying to God that while she recognises that God is hers, she also belongs to Him. She realises it's not all about herself but that she belongs to God. That it's not all about her needs and her struggles or her sins. The fact that we know that we belong to an Almighty God who loves us, changes the very way we feel, think and see ourselves, people and things around us. Most of all, it impacts how we see and feel about ourselves! I belong to.... God! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

No comments:

 
Site Meter