Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gift of God

[I just can't get over this song and these verses! By Justin Rizzo from IHOP! Hear it here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=147442388]

1Sam 2:8
"He raises the poor from the dust
And lifts the beggar from the ash heap,
To set them among princes
And make them inherit the throne of glory. "

Romans 5:10
"For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."



GIFT OF GOD

As for me
I was dead in my transgressions
I was bound to my sin
And (I was) bound to condemnation

As for me
I was an object of His wrath
And fully deserving of death
(I was) Fully deservating of death

But You saw me there
Because of Your great love
You saw me there
Because You're rich in mercy


Chorus
And You made me alive
When I was dead
You raised me up
And seated me with Christ
And it's by Your grace
That I am saved
And it's through faith
It's the very gift of God

Bridge
Eternally
I've been bought with blood
There will never be another sacrifice


Eph 2:4-7
"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."

Isaiah 61:3
"... To give them beauty for ashes, "

2 comments:

Isabel Lin said...

Blogging on Gift Of God on V'day? haha... what other better gift can there ever be, except that from our Beloved Bridegroom King!

peopleofonething said...

oh ya! =)

 
Site Meter