Thursday, December 14, 2006

Seven Steps to Handling Disappointments

[Ever faced disappointments in life? It's almost a 100% sure thing in this imperfect world. Let me go deeper... Disappointed by people closest to you, by people who ought-to-know-better. Ouch... You have a family who love you on one hand, yet tells you 'I'm the father, all I do is right and you are wrong! Nobody, not you my child, can tell me even if I'm wrong!' while another condemns your ways yet thinks she is giving you the best growing up pills. And the list goes on and on... Sounds familiar?

First of all, REALISE - that disappointments may not be an all 'bad' thing after all, especially if our God is One who works all, yes, ALL things for our good...be thankful for the opportunity to learn to face disappointments in life - a highly needed life skill! Then REBOUND - learn to pick yourself up by looking at God and be wholeheartedly fixed on the onward path and goal He has for you. Finally, REST and know that He collects your tears (Psalm 56:8) and has a plan for your life! Jer 29:11]


THERE ARE SEVEN STEPS TO HANDLING DISAPPOINTMENTS CORRECTLY: 2 Samuel 11 & 12
http://www.calvarycommission.org/how_to_handle_disappointments.htm

1. Admit Reality.
David said, “The child is dead.”

2. Get right with God.
There are many prayers of repentance as he lay on the ground for six days and nights. He went to the house of the Lord and worshipped.

3. Face the Consequences.
He did not run away…he did not lie to himself or to anyone else.

4. Deal with the disappointment in yourself.
He did all that he could do and he couldn’t bring him back.

5. Get up and start over.
“So David arose”…My, what powerful words. He got back up.

6. Learn your lesson.
Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

7. Rest in God’s love.
He pleaded with God, but anointed himself and accepted God’s decision.


Psalm 51:13 ~ "Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you."

No comments:

 
Site Meter