Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blessed are those who wait...

Blessed are those who wait...

Sometimes I get impatient doing the waiting. I'm sure you know what I mean. I need to chill... just chill... So off I go, watching my favourite TV programme. Eyes on the TV, but my mind is still hanged onto God. I'm sure you know what I mean here too :) God, I'm waiting... still waiting... I'll be back... meanwhile let me...

... and lo and behold, God spoke. Oh my goodness, He did it again. Those times you just KNOW it's God. Then you go like.... you mean that's it? Then you start to 'bargain' with Him... No magnificient appearance of His glory with angels flying around crying holy? No tinkling sensation (ok, there was abit of it) with my body slained and prostrated before His glorious presence? Before I could savour the moment, hoping that it would last longer, it was gone. He came, He spoke, and off He went, or was that His angel? But it was surely Him, for that's His trademark whenever He spoke to me. Wosh it comes and wosh I go saying what was that?!

But the most amazing thing is - what God spoke is what you knew all along (or read and sang umpteen times), but never really knew. You know what I mean? No wonder they say it takes God to love God and do the God-things! It's like He breathed into the words and it came alive to you, like an encounter. Nothing dramatic. Something just hit you like a thunder bolt deep inside of you. Just that. No one's flying. Just cool...

It's going to be ALL about God, less about you... And, yes, there is a reason for that.

I knew you would ask - Does God really care? Will He really take care of you? Why is He asking me to keep looking at Him?

There is a reason...

The bride cried out to the Lord to kiss her with the kisses of His (Jesus') mouth (word). And to draw her away to the secret place (king's chambers), where she can grow in intimacy with God.

I think she prayed that because it was God who gave her a vision for her life. God saw her. He knew her. He answered her prayers even before she could utter it, and gave her a vision of herself before God. Revelation came. It made so much sense that she proclaimed:

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth. For your love is better than wine. Because of the fragrance of your good ointments, Your name is ointment poured forth; Therefore the virgins love you. Draw me away! We will run after you. The king has brought me into his chambers." ~ Song of Songs 1:2-4
So the journey begins...
Blessed are those who wait... for theirs is an answer that God alone can bring.

No comments:

 
Site Meter