Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Have I told You lately that I love You?

[May God's love abound in our hearts this Christmas... love for Him and for one another. As we pursue the knowledge of God - who He is and His heart - may we not lose sight of His love...for so what if we have knowledge (only) that puffs up when we have not love that builds up...]


"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." ~ 1Corinthians 13:2

" Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up..." ~ 1Corinthians 8:1


"Ai," the traditional for love (愛) consists of a heart (middle) inside of "accept," "feel," or "perceive," which shows a graceful emotion. It can also be interpreted as a hand offering ones heart to another hand.




In Hebrew, Ahava is the most commonly used term for both interpersonal love and love of God



No comments:

 
Site Meter