Monday, December 03, 2007

Breakthrough!

[Expressing hearts, expressing prayers, of breakthrough and breaking forth within and without…]

John 5:35
“He (John the Baptist) was the burning (running with hearts burning with love of God) and shining lamp (running in ministry)…”


Micah 2:13
“The one who breaks open will come up before them; They will break out, Pass through the gate, And go out by it; Their king will pass before them, With the LORD at their head.”


Breakthrough!

Going about busy
To and fro
Learning to make sense
Learning to give You my all

I stumble and fall
I made a mess of it
Gently You came
Gently You lifted me up

I knew I made a mess
I knew things went wrong
Sometimes people understand
Sometimes they don’t…

I don’t need the counsel (for now)
I’m trying to make it work (can’t you see?)
I don’t wana talk about it (for now)
I don’t wana think about it (for now)

What do I do?
When all seems so topsy turvy
I just want to run away
I just want to be free

Where can I go?
‘Cos I just want to find You
Your presence is all I want
Your presence is all I need

Speak to me O Lord
Tell me what’s on Your heart
I will hear and obey
I will walk and trust

For You have been my Guide
For You have been my Strength of my heart
Face the giants?
Face the goliaths in my life?

Courage I need (from You)
Confidence I lean (on You)
To break out
To break forth

Help me to express the words
Deep within my heart
To You
And to the ones who love me so

Do they love me?
Or do they love me not?
Let not love grow cold within me
Let me burn and shine, I pray

Loving You
Loving one another
Is what You desire
Is when all will see and know You are God

My times are in Your hands
Strengthen me to run the race
Steady and faithful
Pressing on, breaking forth

I will face the giants
I will face the goliaths
In the Name of the Lord of host
And carry my heart right, ever before You

I will return to the flock
I will return to the fold
Leaning on You
Never alone…

You see me
You see my heart
Lifter of my head
Break out, break within, break forth I pray…


Song of Solomon 1:7
"Tell me, You whom I love, where you graze your flock and where you rest your sheep at midday. Why should I be like a veiled woman beside the flocks of your friends?" [depicts God leading a believer back to the flock, where one can find Him]

No comments:

 
Site Meter