Monday, June 25, 2007

Friend of God

John 15:13-15
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

[Moses]

Exodus 33:11So the LORD spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.

[Abraham]

2 Chronicles 20:7Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever?

Isaiah 41:8"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend,
James 2:23And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.

[Lazarus]

John 11:11These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.”

and so is Mary, King David... to be continued...

No comments:

 
Site Meter