Monday, April 24, 2006

My beloved is to me....To know how God feels and think about me...

It's not about how I feel... not that it's not important... In fact it is. God is so interested in everything about us, and even knows the number of hairs on our head...

Matthew 10:29-31 ~ Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

God wants us to quieten down, and let us really really know that all we NEED to really really know, is how he really really feels and thinks about us.

Ok God... let me throw away the bagful of 'me-first' and a spoonful of 'self-consciousness'. And wait, I think there's another pack of 'does-God-really-care' somewhere out there. Oh well, I think I'm (quite) ready to get a earful from you now...

You are lovely... you are lovely to me. Dark, but oh so lovely... ~ Songs 1:5 (paraphrased)

Gulps. hmm... sorry God, I know I am dark. Can you drop me some whiteners? You see, I need to look good before you (and others). Another bagful of 'self-consciousness' to dump. I thought there was only a spoonful.. Anyway, God knows, and still he says I'm lovely. So I think that's what it really matters.

So I guess I am getting there, getting to understand how God feels about me.. I am dark but lovely to him!!!! I choose to set my mind on how he thinks and feels about me. And let that thought inflitrate every part of my being, till every self-consciousness becomes God-consciousness..

My beloved is to me... ~ Songs 1:14

How He feels (about me) is first. What He thinks (about me) is first. Lord, set me free to revel in the knowledge of this love... God likes me!

A penny for my thoughts now? Find it here http://afteryourheart.blogspot.com/2006/04/my-name.html

No comments:

 
Site Meter