Friday, December 30, 2005

Pain pain go away...

Halo God.. it's me.. again. Yes... you remembered correctly. I was the one who came to you, yesterday, and... the day before yesterday. Yes, it's about the pain again. I'm asking you again to take it away. Would you hurry please Lord...

What do you mean how long it has been there. If I can remember, since the beginning of time!! Alright, I'm exaggerating.. but you surely KNOW what I mean. This PAIN hurts, this PAIN weakens me, and oh my, this PAIN is so much in the way and the PAIN... hmm...erm.. I see that I'm full of the PAIN and focusing on just the PAIN. But God...

Oh God you are beginning to speak, yes, yes, over here, this pain... but soon as you speak, my garfield eyelids covered half of my eyes... you mean you are not REMOVING my pain?!?

2Cor 12:9a And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

I was about to protest vehemently, but something welled up inside me. Could it.. could it be the grace so amazing that warmed my heart. Wait, the pain.. it's still there.. but somehow it doesn't seem to matter THAT much anymore. And instead of getting so 'full of the pain', I seem so drawn into knowing the grace of God, and my, it's sufficient for me. That's all he said, and that's all I need to know...

So on and on I lay hold of the thought about his grace...about his strength made perfect in weakness. I lay hold of it because there is something I received that I could not fully grasp with my carnal mind. Oh God, speak through my thick skull I pray!!

And the next moment, I found myself proclaiming things I have not heard of from myself... I cried out.. "most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor 12:9b-10

I could almost sing a song... not about the pain, but about the grace that is sufficient, and the power of Christ that rest upon me, making me strong in every way.

~ He is my everything, He is my all. He is my everything, both great and small. He gave His life for me, made everything new! He is my everything, now how about you? ~

Psalm 34:8 ~ Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

No comments:

 
Site Meter